The Do’s And Don’ts Of Men’s Fashion
We aren’t all blessed with dress sense, so if you’re like many of your male compadres and struggle to get in tune with style and fashion, here are some of the do’s and don’ts that we think you will find useful.
- Don’t worry about buying full outfits, as you can buy core pieces to match with garments you already have. Take these country shirts for men by Schoffel, as example, items of clothing that can be interchangeable with whatever jackets, shoes, and pairs of trousers you may already have in your closet.
- Do know your measurement before walking into a store, as despite the trendiness of the fashion you have bought, you won’t look the part if the clothes don’t fit well on your body. However, if you haven’t bothered to get the tape measure out, there will usually be a member of staff available to make sure you don’t make an embarrassing faux pas!
- Don’t forget to buy the appropriate sized-belt, as you do need to keep your dress shirt tight within your trousers. If you are constantly putting your hands down your pants to tuck yourself in, you will feel uncomfortable, and you will probably be making everybody else around you feel uncomfortable as well!
- Do shop online, as you can find some incredible bargains that may not be available on the local high street. If you sign up to any rewards programme being offered on these sites, you will also benefit from a reduction in price on even the trendiest of items. You will get notifications sent to your email or social media as well, meaning you will always be kept up to date with the latest offers and discounts available to you.
- Don’t always be a follower of fashion, as your personal tastes matter more than what other people think of what you’re wearing. Remember that fashions and trends change all the time, so you will be forever spending money if you are always trying to play catch-up with the latest in-thing. Provided you like your look and you feel comfortable in what you are wearing, you have won half the battle.
- Do focus on the less is more mentality. Not only are we referring to your budget, as you don’t need to buy every piece of fashion that comes into your store, but we are also asking you not to overdo it in your dress sense. You only need one piece of attire to catch the eye of any admirers, so don’t indulge yourself when getting dressed for the evening, as you may overwhelm onlookers, rather than overawe them.
- Don’t forget to look in the mirror when dressing yourself, as you can rely on your own gut instinct if something does or doesn’t work. If in doubt, ask for a second opinion, but even a cursory glance at your reflection should tell you all you need to know.
We hope you found these simple do’s and don’ts helpful, but if you have any tips of your own to share with us, be sure to let us know.