We accept writing and photography submissions for seven of our main sections.
Please note before getting started: all writing, artwork and photographysubmissions MUST be original with yourself.
– Interesting news stories that deserve to be looked at in more depth. A piece of investigative journalism.
– The objective: to give background and context to a news story, in a way that is intelligent, but accessible. Inject humour where appropriate.
– Between 800-2000 words in length, although only stretch to the upperword limit if completely necessary. The best articles are succinct and pithy.
– Short paragraphs of three sentences max.
– Men who are doing something interesting or exceptional in their field.
– The Objective: to explain and inspire. Explore their business model, look at what it took to get to where they are and set out a method for others wishing to do something similar.
– 1000 words max with a 100 word intro.
– Most questions seek informative answers with two or three quick-fire questions at the end.
– Accompanying images must be original and permission must be sought from the copyright holder before submission.
Just for fun interviews:
– the world is a colourful place full of fun people doing random things.
– The Objective: a porthole into an interesting world.
– 400-800 words max with 100 word introduction.
– Accompanying images must be original and permission must be soughtfrom the copyright holder before submission.
– one of the main XWHY themes is to explore the changing nature of men’s roles in society and their relationships with the people and cultures around them. Our features section covers these areas, as well as flagging topics which are of general interest.
– 800 – 1,500 words
– Short paragraphs, three sentences max.
– satire and parody of traditional self-help.
– The Objective: mock the short-sightedness of other self-help guides. Or, to take a less conventionalapproach to ‘self-help’.
– Structure: introduction, followed by a maximum of 10 bullet points with a line break between each.
If you would like to submit an image of yourself, or a friend, for our street style section please include:
– One high resolution image (over 1MB).
– The person’s name, age, occupation
– A List of the clothes they are wearing
– A fact about them
If you would like to suggest someone to be featured in our ‘women’ section, please submit:
– three high resolution images of them (1MB per photo)
– a bio covering their location, their occupation, their age and severalof their interests.