Eight Facts About the All-New Air Max 270
1. The Air Max 270 is Nike’s First Lifestyle air unit
While there have been other Nike Air shoes designed explicitly for lifestyle, beginning with the 1987 Air Safari, these all featured air units originally created for running performance. The Air Max 270 unit, and its subsequent shoe, is the first 100-percent lifestyle Air shoe — designed with the same rigor as sport performance but for the demands of all-day wear.
2. The Shoe is Inspired by the Air Max 93 and the Air Max 180
3. An Old Nickname, coined by Nike designers, influenced the 270 moniker
The name 270 comes from an internal Nike epithet for the Air Max 93, which referred to the 270 degrees of visibility in the air unit.
4. Its the Tallest-ever Max Air heel unit
It’s 32-mm tall!
5. Displacement speaks volumes
The Air Max 270 unit height offers the biggest heel volume displacement for maximum air cushion comfort.
6. Kevin Durant felt it early, which required making the largest Air Max 270: a size 18!
KD rocked it first on November 22 before his showdown with the Oklahoma City Thunder and then again on December 5, a much-needed rest day.
7. The Air Max 270 unit is filled with promise
Expect the 270 Max Air unit to make an appearance on a variety of silhouettes in 2018 — and in a breadth of color too.
8. The Air Max 270 first hits SNKRS on February 1
Download the “SNKRS” app for information on the Air Max 270 upcoming releases. The Air Max 270 will also be available at select retailers.